Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Perdue is obsessed with chicken

http://www.perdue.com/company/news/press_release.html?id=1164

I hope you enjoy this Perdue commercial as much as I did. Clearly, this commercial is an example of an advertisement message interwoven into a traditional fairy tale. In addition, I think it's a clever spoof of the seller's "obsession" and the depths to which corporations will sink in order to market their goods. Actually, when you think about it that way it's kind of sad, a sobering look at our contemporary cultural practices.

1 comment:

MV said...

Good catch!

"A Goldilocks-themed commercial with Perdue company chairman and CEO Jim Perdue is airing on TV across the Eastern United States. Jim continues to show he is a man obsessed with chicken, turning the Goldilocks and the Three Bears fairytale into a story about perfectly sized chicken."

I can't wait to see this!

I totally agree re. the state of contemporary cultural practices...brings me back to our conversation about texts being constructed and constructive.

thanks
v